- 750g boneless leg of lamb, diced (1.5 to 2lbs)
- 50g plain flour (2 ounces)
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 1 carrot, cubed
- 100g swede, cubed (3 ounces)
- 30ml dry sherry (1.5 tablespoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared English mustard
- 1 large pinch ground nutmeg
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 400ml beef stock (3/4 pint)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 450g potatoes, peeled and sliced (1lb)
- 2 tablespoons butter
Prepartion time : about 20min › Cook:4hr › Ready in:4hr20min
- Preheat the slow cooker to High setting.
- Coat the lamb with flour then combine all of the ingredients (except the potato slices and butter) in the slow cooker. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover with potato slices then dot with butter and season.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on High for 3 to 4 hours. The lamb and potatoes should be tender. Serve hot.